Check out these 18 ridiculous rumors about Thailand that may or may not be true – you decide.
1. If you wear a Chang tang top, you get your first Chang beer free at every bar in Thailand.
2. Elephant pants ward off pesky monkeys.
3. Bob Marley grew up in Ko Phi Phi.
4. Australian dollars earned in the mining industry can’t be exchanged for Thai Baht.
5. Marilyn Monroe invented the ping pong show, and John F. Kennedy was her first audience member.
6. A Thai visa is only valid for 30 days or 30 buckets – whichever run out first.
7. An authentic Thai massage is the most silent and peaceful experience on earth.
8. Ordering your papaya salad (Som Tum) extra spicy, wards off mosquitos.
9. Zack Galafanakis coined the term “Same Same but Different”.
10. Citizens of The United Kingdom are eligible to receive free sunscreen at all 8,334 7/11s across Thailand.
11. Thai lady boys wear flame retardant bikinis and hot pants for protection when fire dancing.
12. Steven Tyler wrapped the first scarf around the bow of a Thai boat in the late 70s. Boat captains have followed his lead, for good, luck ever since.
13. It’s cool to leave beer bottles on beaches, there’s no one wanting to walk barefoot there.
14. Koh Phnagnan is positioned in the perfect place on the earth’s surface where they experience 2 full moons each month – more full moons – more full moon parties!
15. Giving a wild monkey your Coke is totally healthy for them.
16. Scuba certification is really cheap there, but your skills will only work in the Pacific Ocean.
17. The Russian Government sponsors a program where they send citizens to Phuket to help cure vitamin D deficiencies.
18. Monks drug illegally acquired tigers so single dudes can think they look cooler on Tinder…oh wait, that’s not a rumor, that’s actually true!
So, do you think these rumors about Thailand have any truth to them?
Why are guys posing with tigers for Tinder?
Can you believe these Buddhist Monks are drugging tigers?