Having been on the road for more than 4 years now, we have heard some weird travel rumors. We know which ones are false and which are true, but do you? Test your worldly knowledge with these 11 bizarre travel rumors.
1. Canadians are not allowed out of their country unless they either have a maple leaf tattoo or a flag patch on their luggage.
2. If you visit 100 countries by your 30th birthday, you can apply for a free annual flight on any airline for the rest of your life.
3. Selfie sticks are now banned in 86 countries around the world.
4. Airport security workers worldwide are best known for their abilities to both think for themselves and think outside the box.
6. Arnold Schwarzenegger is the current world record holder for visiting the most countries on earth.
5. Wheeling suitcases are commonly banned in hostels.
7. It is actually illegal to leave any leftover bread on your plate in Germany.
8. Almost all Americans see Donald Trump as a national hero, and most citizens are very happy with current US gun laws.
9. The absolute best part of a safari is when they let you get out to pet the lions.
10. The best ways to ensure the safety of you and your belongings are: Go to an ATM at night. Ask strangers to watch your stuff. Accept rides from strangers. Drink so much you forget where you’re staying.
11. If you have a Go Pro, especially if it is on a stick, you can barge in front of everyone else without being rude or ruining their picture.
Are these travel rumors true?
What are your thoughts on these travel rumors? Do any of them have any truth to them?
Tell us the weirdest travel rumors you’ve come across.